Because I’m over forty and don’t want to feel like it, I’m trying to be good about taking care of myself. Just about every morning for the past 10 years, I have a green smoothie for breakfast. It’s a good start, but lately, I’ve been adding Matcha green tea powder to it for an added energy and I love the calm boost it gives me in the morning. Because I like this boost, I’ve been looking for ways to incorporate it into other foods.
One delicious way to consume more matcha is to make a healthy, vegan Shamrock Shake. It’s loaded with goodies and tastes like chocolate-mint ice cream!
Ice cream for breakfast! I’ll do it. I’m not afraid.
As I was browsing the internets, I came across some convincing reasons to consume matcha. Because I want us all to enjoy good health, and jiggle less, I’m sharing the love.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase anything, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Sharing the health benefits of matcha makes me feel less guilty about sharing the decadent recipes for French macarons, coconut sugar cookies and gluten-free crepes with Meyer lemon cream. Mmmmm…..macarons….
Where was I?
Oh yes, the reasons for drinking Matcha green tea! Here goes!
- Concentrated: The health benefits of matcha green tea powder are greater than brewed green tea leaves. With matcha, the whole leaf is consumed, not just the brewed water.
- Calorie Burner: Boosts metabolism and supports healthy weight loss.
- Cancer Fighter: Boosts immune system with concentrated levels of antioxidants. It contains more disease-fighting polyphenols than 10 cups of brewed green tea.
- Alertness: Gives a calm energy boost unlike caffeine. Matcha green tea powder is an excellent source of L-theanine, a mind-calming amino acid that increases alertness without the caffeine jitters or crash.
- Daily Detox: Protects liver and kidneys. The chlorophyll in matcha helps to eliminate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Blood Sugar Reducer: Research supports that green tea drinkers have a 33% lower risk of developing Type II diabetes by reducing blood glucose levels.
Total Catechins 105 mg
EGCg 61 mg
Total Amino Acids 34 mg
L-theanine 14.26 mg
Caffeine 35 mg
Fiber 318 mg
Carbs 447 mg
Vitamin C 1.75 mg
Vitamin A 291 IU
Potassium 26.6 mg
Do your body a favor and drink more Matcha!